Yahoo mail not working issue can occur due to different causes on an iPhone or an Android-based smartphone. On a desktop, the error often appears due to an outdated version of the browser. Excessive cache data can also be a culprit for this frustrating issue. So, if you are facing this error and don’t know what to do and how to handle it, then go through this article. In this content, you get to explore all the probable reasons, major indications, and effective tricks to resolve this error.
Possible Causes for Yahoo Mail Not Working Issue
We have mentioned several reasons behind this Yahoo problem. It might help you resolve this problem completely. Check them below:
- An outdated version of a browser
- Excessive caches in the browser, blocking proper working of Yahoo Email
- Improper computer settings
- Forgetting Yahoo mail password
- Yahoo account might be blocked
- Malware infection
- Third party extensions and add-ons in Yahoo
Major Symptoms of Yahoo Mail App Not Working Problem
Some major indications of this issue are listed below:
- Yahoo Mail not opening
- Receiving too many spam emails in Yahoo
- Yahoo loading slowly.
- Unable to sign-in to Yahoo
- Yahoo mail not receiving Emails.
- Yahoo Menu button not working.
- Yahoo mail not responding
- Emails and contact missing in Yahoo
- Unable to send Emails in Yahoo
Appropriate Hacks to Resolve Yahoo Mail Not Working Issue
Now, it’s time to discuss how to fix Yahoo mail app not working issue with some simple and reliable methods. So, keep your eyes on our article to know the details.
- Yahoo Mail Not Working on iPhone
Method 1: Sign in and Out of Yahoo Account
The first thing you need to do is to sign in and out of your Yahoo account properly. So, follow these steps one by one:
- First of all, go to Yahoo mail.
- Then, sign out of your account and open your mail again.
- After that, type your ID and password to sign in your account.
- Now, check if the issue is resolved or not.
Method 2: Delete and Re-add Yahoo Mail on your iPhone
Alternately, you can remove the Yahoo mail from iOS mail on your iPhone to fix this issue. To do that, follow the below guidelines:
- At first, open Settings and click on ‘Accounts & Passwords’.
- Then, click on the Yahoo account.
- Next, select Delete Account.
- Now, go to the Settings option and choose Accounts & Passwords again.
- After that, click on the ‘Add Account’ option.
- Choose Yahoo.
- At last, type the Yahoo Mail address and password.
- Finally, sign in your account.
Method 3: Enable Cellular Data
If you do not enable the cellular data for Yahoo mail, then this issue might occur. To enable cellular data, follow the simple steps below:
- First of all, open the Settings option.
- Then, click on the Celluar option.
- Now, power the Mail app on.
- Lastly, check if the problem is resolved or not.
Method 4: Set SMTP Server
You can also fix this trouble by applying the following steps. So, take a look below:
- First of all, go to the Settings option.
- Then, click on ‘Accounts & Passwords’.
- Now, select ‘Yahoo’ and click on the ‘Account’ option.
- After that, choose ‘Outgoing Mail Server SMTP’.
- Next, click on ‘Other SMTP Servers’.
- The hostname must be Smtp.mail.Yahoo.com. Now, type the name and your password.
- Finally, set the SMTP port to 465 or 587 and SSL to Yes
Method 5: Use Yahoo Mail App
Yahoo emails can create this problem on a browser. So, to fix it, you need to download and install the Yahoo Mail app properly. Follow the guidelines mentioned below:
- At first, open Apple app store and go the search box.
- Next, type Yahoo Mail there.
- Then, download and install it on your device.
- Now, log in your account and get all emails.
- Lastly, check if Yahoo mail is working or not.
Method 6: Generate Third-Party App Passwords
To use third-party passwords, go through the following steps carefully:
- Log in to your account and open the Account Security page.
- Now, click on the Generate app passwords or Manage app passwords option.
- When the drop-down list appears, select your app and click on ‘Generate’.
- Then, follow the on-screen directions and choose ‘Done’.
- Now, you can sign in to your account using this app password with your email ID.
Method 7: Update iOS Version
If you use an outdated iOS version, then it can cause the Yahoo mail won’t work on iPhone issue. So, to fix it, you need to update the iOS version. To do so, follow the below directions one by one and apply them accordingly.
- First, on your iPhone, go to the Settings option and select ‘General’.
- Now, click on the ‘Software Update’ option.
- After that, look for the new iOS version and choose ‘Download and Install’.
- Now, wait for a couple of seconds to complete the download process.
- Finally, enter your passcode and install the new version.
Method 8: Update Yahoo Mail
To update Yahoo mail on your Mac device, follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the App store.
- Then, select Yahoo mail and look for that an update option is available.
- Now, click on ‘Updates’.
- Yahoo Mail Not Working on Windows
Method 1: Restart the System
Sometimes, restarting the system can help you solve the issue quickly. So, you have to restart the computer. After restarting your device, open your Yahoo account. Then, check if the problem still appears or not. If the issue is not resolved, then you can follow the next method to resolve this glitch.
Method 2: Uninstall the Third-party Antivirus
Sometimes, a third-party antivirus can also be a culprit for this issue. So, you need to uninstall it from the system to resolve this issue. To perform it, follow the under mentioned steps:
- At first, press and hold the Windows home button and I key.
- Open the Settings window and go to the ‘Apps and Programs’ section.
- When that section appears, scroll down to the page and locate the third-party antivirus. Click on it.
- After that, click on the Uninstall option.
- After completing the uninstallation process, restart the system.
Method 3: Update the Operating System
You can also update the Operating System to fix this problem on the system. Follow the guidelines given below.
- Press the Windows key and I key both to open the Settings application.
- Alternately, press and hold the Window logo and X keys to open the menu list.
- Now, select Settings.
- When the Settings window opens, go to the ‘Update and Security’ section.
- Then, move the cursor to the Update section on the left side pane.
- Choose the ‘Check for updates’ option and click on the Update option.
- When the update completes, restart the system.
- After rebooting, check if the problem still persists or not. If the issue is still not resolved, then you can follow the next method below.
Method 4: Update the Browser
Another way is to update the browser to eradicate this problem. Go through the steps cited below:
- Firstly, open the browser and go to the Menu section.
- Now, click on the Help option below the Menu section.
- Then, check if the latest version of the browser is available or not. If yes, then select the Update option.
- After finishing the updating process, restart the system.
Method 5: Clear the Cache Data
Sometimes the cache data might be a reason for this issue. Therefore, you can delete them to get the better performance of the browser. If you use Mozilla Firefox application, you need to follow the steps below.
- At first, launch the Mozilla Firefox application and go to the Tools tab.
- Select the Privacy section.
- After that, click on the History section.
- Then, select the ‘Clear your recent history’ option.
- below the ‘Time range to clear’ menu list, choose all the files.
- Click on the Cache and Cookies option and select Clear Now.
- Lastly, reboot the system and check whether the Yahoo mail account works accurately without any error.
If you use Google Chrome, then go through the steps given below.
- Go to the Google Chrome icon to launch this application.
- After that, click on the Menu section on the right corner of the screen.
- In the Menu section, select the More Tools tab.
- Then, click on the ‘Clear browsing data’ option.
- When the Settings window appears on the screen, navigate to the ‘Obliterate the following items from’ option.
- Click on it to open the drop-down menu list.
- Now, click on the ‘Beginning of Time’ option.
- You can select all ‘cached images and files’. After selecting those files, select ‘Clear browsing data’.
- Restart your PC and check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Method 6: Update the Device Driver
After performing all the above-mentioned process, if the problem still persists, then you should update the device driver to fix this annoying issue on your Windows computer. Follow the directions cited below:
- Press the Windows key and R key at the same time to open the Run box.
- Then, type ‘Control Panel’ there.
- Now, hit the Enter button.
- When the Control Panel window appears, open the Device Manager section.
- Now. look for the Device Driver option and click on it.
- Next, choose the ‘Update Software Driver’ option.
- After finishing this procedure, restart your device and check the issue.
Method 7: Check the Internet Connection
If the internet connection is not working correctly, you may encounter such error. First of all, check whether the connection is working properly or not. If not, then connect it correctly. If you use the WiFi, then disconnect your system from the WiFi and then re-connect.
In this passage, we have provided all the possible solutions on how to fix Yahoo mail not working issue. So, we hope, this article will be beneficial for you to mitigate this problem with ease. In case, if you are facing any issues while performing the fixes mentioned in this article, then leave your feedback in the comment section below.