HP is an excellent printer brand for Windows 10. HP also manufactures multifunction printers which can scan documents as well. However, sometimes, it stops working normally. Often, users face this issue after updating their computer. If you are facing the same issue, then do not worry. Just read on.
Best ways to troubleshoot HP printer that stop scanning
Reset your printer
- Firstly, switch off the printer, unplug its cable.
- After that, plug in the printer and switch it on after 20 minutes.
Install the HP printer software
After completing the upgrade, prefer installing HP printer software to your Windows 10 device.
- Firstly, right-click on the Start option.
- Then, press on Run.
- Next, put ‘appwiz.cpl’ on the given bar.
- After that, press on OK.
- Then, choose the HP printer software present on the Programs and Features Control Panel applet.
- Next, choose Uninstall.
- Press on Yes for offering further confirmation.
- After that, restart the Windows 10 as soon as the un-installation of the HP printer software gets over.
- Then, you need to delete the printer from Printers and scanners option in the ‘Settings.’ For doing it, go to Cortana after pressing the combination Windows key+ Q keyboard shortcut.
- Next, write ‘printers’ in the search bar.
- Then, press Printers and scanners for visiting the Window.
- After that, choose the printer, and press its Remove device option. Remember that the printer needs to be turned on whenever you choose that option.
- Next, follow the instructions for removing the printer.
- Then, visit the HP support page.
- After that, press on Printer for opening a search bar.
- Next, click on the Submit option.
- Press on Change to choose a 64 or else 32-bit Windows model on the pull-down menu.
- Next, click on the Change option.
- Press on Download for downloading the ‘driver and software package.’
- Then, go to the place wherever that driver and software package has been downloaded to.
- After that, click on the downloaded and software package for installing it.
Resetting HP Printer and Scanner to the factory default setting
- Most of the times, users choose a ‘Reset Factory Defaults’ option in the ‘Setup’ or else ‘Tools’ menus. It shall be found on the control panel of the printer.
- Have a look at the printer’s manual for knowing the way of resetting it to the factory default.