In this post we’ll answer our reader question, and provide additional information aimed at covering Hotmail login info changes in Windows and iOS devices.
How to Change Hotmail Password on Windows
- First off, from your favorite web browser, login to the Outlook.com website and access your mailbox.
- Then, on the right hand side, hit your user icon.
- Next hit Edit Profile.
- Now, in the Your Info area, hit Change password.
- Next enter your current credentials and your new ones as shown below.
- Hit Save.
- Back in your mailbox you’ll receive a new incoming message confirming your credentials modification.
What if i forgot my Hotmail login or password
A couple of readers have asked on what should they do in case that they simply don’t remember their Hotmail login credentials.
In that case, you’ll need to reset your password from the Outlook.com login page.
Hotmail/Outlook.com Password Change on Android
After you modify your password to a new one, proceed as following:
- On your Android desktop hit the Outlook.com icon
- You’ll be prompted to enter your new password.
- Once you do, hit on Sign In and start using Outlook.
Hotmail/Outlook.com Password Change on iOS(iphone/iPad)
The way to modify your Outlook.com password for IOS depends in which app you’ll be using for accessing your Outlook email.
When using Outlook:
- On your iPad or iPhone hit the Microsoft Outlook icon.
- If prompted, change your password.
- Start using Outlook as usual!
When using the default Mail application:
- Access the default Apple Mail application.
- Go to your Outlook.com mailbox.
- The mailbox will sync up automatically, and you shouldn’t be prompted to change your login details.
Change Hotmail App Password on iPhone, iPad or Android
First off, if you are still running the legacy Hotmail app for some reason, consider upgrading, as Outlook.com has much better usability and features. If you opt to continue using your Hotmail app, follow the steps below to change your password in Android phones and Apple devices.
Android Phones :
- Open your email app and press the Menu button and select More.
- Choose Account Settings.
- Then, choose Incoming Settings from the list of options.
- Enter your new password in the Password field and click on Next.
iPods, iPhones and iPads :
- Open Settings from the list of icons in the Home.
- Search for Mail, Contacts, Calendars and tap on it.
- The accounts that are accessed via the devices are listed. Choose Hotmail from the list.
- Touch Account in the page that opens.
- Modify the password in the Password field and press Done.
Read Also: – How to recover Yahoo Password