The most attractive features of AOL Desktop Gold is the auto-update and the enhanced security. This article will give you an overview of the auto-update settings on AOL Desktop Gold and what you can do if it is not working.
The auto-update option on AOL Gold saves time because users do not have to keep checking or manually update the browser. If your internet connection is good, you just need to close and reopen AOL Gold every now and again and it will automatically update to the latest version. Nevertheless, these features do not always work as planned and users may encounter an error because they are using an older version of AOL Gold.
Fix AOL Desktop GOLD Automatic update not Working
System Requirements for AOL Desktop Gold:
Before you download and install AOL Desktop Gold you keep in mind that there are certain system requirements you need to have. Here is a list all the requirements your system needs to have if you want to use AOL Gold:
- Minimum 1 GM RAM
- At least 512 MB of free disk space
- Secure and fast internet connection
- A fast computer processor (Recommend 266 MHz)
- 1024×768 (or higher screen) resolution
You should remember that without these system requirements you will not be able to run AOL Desktop Gold and even if you do you will keep getting errors. If you have checked that your computer has all the recommended system requirements you can proceed with the steps given below and fix the auto-update error.
Steps to Fix AOL Desktop Gold Automatic Update Not Working Issue:
When you notice that AOL Desktop Gold is running slowly or it is crashing often then it is clear that the automatic update feature is not working. You can follow the steps given below to make the necessary changes to the settings so that you can fix the aol desktop automatic update not working issue
- Step 1: Switch on your computer and log in as system admin
- Step 2: Click on the Windows icon and open the ‘Start’ menu.
- Step 3: Use your keyboard and type the word ‘Update’ in the search box
- Step 4: Go to the ‘Programs’ section and select ‘Windows update’
- Step 5: From the options on the left select ‘Change Settings’
- Step 6: Go to the ‘Important updates’ section
- Step 7: Mark the checkbox so that you can install updates automatically
- Step 8: Once again select the box which reads “Recommended updates.”
- Step 9: Click on “Save” and restart your computer so that the changes can go into effect
After rebooting your computer you can connect to the internet and check it AOL Desktop Gold was updated or not. If you find that the automatic update error was not resolved then the best thing to do is to uninstall the program and delete all the remaining files. After you scan your system for any malware you can go ahead and download AOL Gold Desktop once again so that you have the latest version. If you still find that automatic updates are not working you can call the AOL support number and ask for additional technical assistance.
Read Also: – How to Backup AOL Desktop Gold